2. Tire chains—Before WINTER check tire chains and chain snubber for proper fit to the tires
3. Check window washer fluid … advise (-29-degree non-freeze washer fluid)
4. Snow shovel, snow scrapper, show hoe (scrapes off snow on vehicle), broom and GLOVES!!!
5. Fuel—Fill weekly and never go below a half tank of fuel with an extra five gallons + if power is out as no fuel will be available.
6. First aid kit, water, blankets, extra warm clothing, snacks, flashlight, jumper cables, tow strap, flares, phone charger, phone battery pack, and basic tool kit.
7. Maps, map quest, compass. Know your direction of travel and let people know your travel plans.
8. Car kit, 72- hour grab and go bag, and RX medications. CASH!!! All denominations.
9. Emergency numbers: Fire, police, highway patrol. Check road conditions.
10. Always slow down while driving in Winter conditions.
11. Watch the weather conditions and see when the storm is the worst and adjust your travel time. Know if your neighbors escape as they may need your help or you need theirs. Traveling with others provides added safety and security.